1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. Click on the User Accounts link.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next
Note: You will need some kind of portable media before being able to create a password reset disk. This means that you will need a flash drive or a blank CD or a blank DVD or a blank floppy disk.
5. In the 'I want to create a password key disk in the following drive:' drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a password reset disk on.
6. Click Next to continue.
7. With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
8. Windows Vista will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.
9. When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.
10. You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer.
11. Label the disk "Password Reset" and store it in a safe place.