If your MS Word is showing printer Offline every time you try to print but the HP printer software shows it’s online. Usually happens after Windows update. Follow the below steps.
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel, and then click View devices and printers.
- Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
- Look for a WSD port in the list. make sure the check box is selected for WSD port
- In Windows, search for and open Services.
- Find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list.
- For both, make sure the Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic.
- Right-click the item, select Properties, change the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
For info click here https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/ish_2026537-1681507-16